Tooth loss can have a negative impact on self-confidence and self-esteem. Dental implants by Dr. Celaj can offer Sacramento residents who are missing teeth regain the self-assurance and confidence they once had when chewing, speaking, and smiling.
Sacramento Dentist Explains Benefits of Dental Implants
To correct the gaps and spaces left by one or more missing teeth, dental patients have a few choices depending on a host of factors ranging from jawbone density and genetics, to aesthetic appearance and comfort.
Sacramento implant dentist Dr. Arben Celaj explains that by using a dental bridge, fitting a partial or full set of dentures, or through the use of dental implants, patients together with their dentist can determine the best solution for their own optimal dental health.
Dentures and dental bridges are both removable methods of replacing a missing tooth or teeth. Where dental bridges and full or partial dentures are in need of routine readjustment and maintenance, so are dental implants – just not as frequent.
Are Dental Implants Better than Dentures or a Bridge?
Many patients and dentists consider dental implants a far superior choice in both comfort and appearance to correct spaces and gaps left by missing teeth.
As Dr. Celaj would explain to you in our free dental implant consultation, dentures actually erode jawbone density. This is why people with no teeth or who have worn dentures for a long time have that puckered sort of jaw structure, because there are no teeth in the gums and nothing for the gum tissue and bone to grow around and adhere to, the bone actually begins to wear away.
Dental implants are also a great way to replace one or more missing teeth, but the permanent results of implant dentistry are healthier, and what most patients consider to be a more aesthetically pleasing more comfortable solution.
Here are a few reasons why Dr. Celaj helps patients choose dental implants for the right candidates:
- Dentures are known to slip, become loose or ill-fitting over time.
- Dentures leads to jawbone density reduction and even bone loss, where implants mimic natural roots and teeth.
- Dental implants are permanently surgically implanted into the jawbone, although slight adjustment is needed implants represent a far more comfortable and healthier alternative to dentures.
- Dentures prevent some people from eating the foods they enjoy most.
- Implant dentistry can restore a patient’s confidence in their smile.
- Dental implants eliminate problems some denture wearers have with chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Implant dentistry can be applied to support a dental bridge or denture, making it more secure and comfortable for the patient.
Sacramento Dental Implants Dr. Celaj
To schedule a FREE Dental Implant consultation with one of America’s Top Dentists*, please call our 95825 Arden Square dental office at (916) 488-1933, or email us at email@example.com. We serve patients of all ages in the northeast Sacramento, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Arden Terrace, Arden-Arcade, & surrounding areas.
*In 2009 Dr. Celaj had the prestigious honor of being recognized by the Consumers’ Research Council of America as one of America’s Top Dentists.